译林牛津 高一 Asking and directing ways

发布时间:2016-1-13 编辑:互联网 手机版

“问路不讲理,多走五十里”告诉我们“问路”时要有礼貌。当然,当满脸热情的路人向你问路时,别忘了要耐心地帮他指路哟!你想掌握有关“指路”的流行语吗?请看下文--

Giving directions(指路)

I. Useful Expressions

1.-Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the cinema? 对不起,请问到电影院怎么走?

-Go down the street and turn right at the first crossing. You can’t miss it.沿着这条街往前走,在第一个十字路口往右拐弯。你不会找不到的。

2.-Excuse me. Would you mind telling me where the nearest bank is?对不起。告诉我最近的

银行在哪儿您介意吗?

-Not at all. Follow this road until you come to a bookstore. 一点也不介意。顺着这条路一直走到书店处。

3.-Excuse me. How can I get to the post office?对不起。请问去邮局怎么走?

-Go this way about ten minutes. When you see a bank, turn left. It’s opposite the bank.往这边走约十分钟。当你看到银行时左转弯。它就在银行对面。

4.-Excuse me. Is this the right way to the park?对不起。去公园是不是走这条路?

-I’m afraid you’re going in the opposite direction.恐怕你方向走反了。

5.-Excuse me. Which is the way to the Bank of China?对不起。请问去中国银行的路怎么走?-Take bus No. 92, and get off at the next stop.坐92路公共汽车,到下一站下车。

6.-I’m a stranger here. Would you please tell me how to get to this address?我对这儿不熟悉。请问到这个地址怎么走?

-I’m sorry, I’m new around here, too. I saw a policeman standing under the traffic lights. He

will be able to help you.对不起,这儿我也不熟悉。我刚才看到交通灯下有个警察,他会帮助你的。

7.-Excuse me. Which bus goes to the World Park?对不起,请问哪一班公共汽车到世界公园?--Take the No. 4 bus to Peace Road and change there to the No. 8 bus.坐四路车到和平路,然后在那儿换乘八路车。

8.-How can I get to No. 4 Middle School?我怎样才能到达四中?

-It’s on the Fifth Avenue. It’s too far to walk. You’d better take Bus No. 2.在第五大街。步行去太远了。你最好坐2路公共汽车。

9.-Could you direct me to the post office?你能指给我去邮局的路吗?

-It’s about two stop lights from here. The best way to get there is to take a bus.从这儿去大约两个交通灯的路程。去那儿最佳的方法是坐公共汽车。

10.-How far is it from here to your school?从这儿到你校有多远?

-It’s about two miles away. 大约两英里远。

11.-Which direction is the nearest bank?最近的银行在哪个方向?

-It’s in the direction of south. It’s about five minutes’ walk from here. 在南面。从这儿步行约五分钟。

II.Cultural Information

Americans are very direct people. When they want something, they will say “yes” and when they don’t, they will say “no”. If you asked an American standing at the edge of a road how far the next town was, the American would say, “You have a long way to go yet. It is at least 24 miles more.” The traveler might be disappointed(失望), but he would know what to expect, and there would be no misunderstanding. But in some countries, because the man realizes the traveller is tired and eager to reach the next town, he will politely say, “Just down the road.” He thinks this is more encouraging, gentler.